The Third Sector Loan Fund was launched in November 2014. The Fund invests in social enterprises and charities across the UK through secured and unsecured loans. The Fund’s investors are Santander, Big Society Capital and the Social Investment Business Foundation.
The Fund invests between £250,000 and £3 million in charities and social enterprises across the UK. The Fund can support organisations across all social sectors, focused on improving the economic and social well-being of individuals, particularly those who are vulnerable and disadvantaged.
To be eligible for investment, your organisation must demonstrate the following:
- Be a registered charity or social enterprise
- Be based and have operations in the UK
- Have a clear social mission with significant, measurable, direct outcomes
- Be led by a strong management with proven capability to deliver
- Have a robust business plan and financial projections
- A clear demonstration of how investment repayment will be made
- Have good corporate governance
Meet the criteria? Please complete our online Expression of Interest Form.